Sunday, March 1, 2009
Here we go again.
Madi's softball team had their first tournament down in St. George last weekend. (yes, late post again). I just wanted to share these cute pictures from their tournament...I think they did play ball also???? I don't know I wasn't able to make it.
And I love these boys, too
Posted by Marinda at 9:28 AM
Saturday, February 7, 2009
So I do realize its a week, or so late and the pictures are in the wrong order, but at least I am finally documenting this joyous occasion.
It is official I am the proud parent of a teenager. (and yes, I am feeling kinda old) Madison turned 13 last Monday (the 2nd) . We celebrated by throwing her a little surprise party.
And also in her honor I am going to list a few (13, to be exact) fun facts about my sweet little Madison.
1. She is almost as tall as me, and already has bigger feet than I do.
2. She loves to read. And when she's really in trouble I have to ground her from reading.
3. When she was born the first thing I noticed about my new little girl was her chin, I was actually a little sad. I was worried it would look to manly, because it's her father's chin. I now think that is one of her cutest features. I love her chin!
4. I am jealous of her relationship with her father. She has him wrapped around her finger.
5. I am so glad she is was my first born, my oldest. She is so responsible.
6. I love that she is "not into boys" yet. Or at least she doesn't let me think she is.
7. I appreciate her being my babysitter ALL THE TIME!
8. She loves roller coasters. The faster, the scarier- the better.
9. But she hates being behind the boat. The faster, the scarier- she'll have no part of it.
10. She is an athlete. I love watching her try her best. But I mostly love seeing her interact with the her teammates.
11. She is so pretty. She has a natural beauty about her that scares me. Her big eyes, and beautiful smile.
12. She's a good, caring friend. If I was in Jr. High I would want to be her friend.
13. I love her more than she probably knows.
Posted by Marinda at 12:59 PM
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Last weekend we took a quick trip down to Las Vegas for Regan's dad's retirement party. It was so nice to get out of the cloudy, smoggy, cold weather, and be somewhere you could actually be outside for more than a minute. I love getting together with his family. They are great.
I do have to say, I do have one complaint for the weekend. I know its not that serious, but it's mine. CORDS AND CHARGERS. I hate 'em. If I heard one more time, "Mom, do you know where my charger is?" I was going to kill myself.
Let me share the inventory with you: (keep in mind, we were gone away from our home for less than 48 hours)
-3 phones with their accompanied chargers
-3 ipods with one computer chargers and one wall charger,
-3 sets of headphones (more cords)
-2 Nintendo DS's with one wall charger and one car charger
-1 laptop with charger
-2 cameras, one charger
-1 aux cord to hook ipod to car stereo
-1 dual headphone port (so 2 can watch the 2" movie on the ipod)
More and more cords. Everywhere I looked there where cords. And every child was looking for his or her cord.
I obviously have issues.
I took this picture after unloading "the backpack".
* It does not include any of Madi's cords. I guess she likes to keep hers separate.
Posted by Marinda at 11:08 AM
Monday, January 12, 2009
So today was the first day of the Spring semester at the community college. And after taking the Fall semester off, I did not want to go back. But here I go again, slowly pluggin along.
I am taking my last 3 pre-requisites, and then I wait.
The good news is, here is my classroom for all my classes:
Doesn't it look so....comfy?
Well just after this morning, with my 7am chat session, I think I've had a little eye opener. Online classes may be harder than I thought. YIKES!
Wish me luck.
I'll keep you updated on if I end up dropping one of my classes.
Posted by Marinda at 12:29 PM